Sunday, May 27, 2018

Thanksgiving means pumpkin pie



Thanksgiving means pumpkin pie...




As you may know if you are following my blog, I have started to have an obsession with the recipes of Four and Twenty Blackbirds. I decided to adapt their brown butter pumpkin pie and also to do a vegan pumpkin pie version with Sprouts canned pumpkin and condensed coconut milk. The version with Sprouts condensed milk made a huge dome that collapsed after cooling into a deep glossy brown (below bottom). My wife's coworkers from The Netherlands gave this pie a big thumbs up. I also did my usual mincemeat pie using a single box of Borden's condensed mincemeat to make a mini double crust pie (below top). I think these mini pie plates due to their height are really designed to make a meat pie with a pastry crust dropped over the top of the filling rather than a fruit pie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment